Due to the scale of this development, it will be necessary to construct it in phases:
Phase 1 will deliver the Western Access Road (from the A217) and 600 new homes. This phase has been granted ‘reserved matters’ approval and is currently under construction. The Western Access Road is now completed.
Phase 2 will comprise of:
- Primary Infrastructure
- 190 dwellings by Charles Church
- 123 dwellings by Taylor Wimpey
- 152 dwellings by FABRICA, A2 Dominion.
Phase 3 will be delivered by Crest Nicholson and FABRICA, A2 Dominion and will comprise of approximately 170 dwellings.
To date the following infrastructure works have been completed:
- A temporary access road and bridge from the A217 for construction traffic (details approved by the local authority in June 2015)
- The delivery of the permanent Western Access Road from the A217
- Archaeological investigations (methodology approved by the local authority in June 2015)
- Diversion of a strategic oil pipeline (details approved by the local authority in July 2015)
Applications for phase 2 are currently in progress. An update on these is as follows:
- Taylor Wimpey submitted a scheme for 123 dwellings on 31st March 2017. Reigate and Banstead Borough Council have granted approval of this application. The proposed layout for these homes can be viewed by clicking here.
- Charles Church are submitted an application for 190 dwellings on 24th April 2017. The proposed layout for these homes can be viewed by clicking here.
- FABRICA, A2 Dominion are preparing an application for 152 dwellings which is being targeted for submission in the coming weeks.
The planning applications associated with this development can be viewed on Reigate and Banstead Borough Council’s website.
The reserved matters application for phase 1 can be found by entering the reference number 04/02120/RM1C into the application search box.
Links to other submitted applications can be found below: